We’re glad to hear that you want to join Ubar Grotto. We’d love to have you! This page is designed to guide you through how to become a member of the greatest Grotto in the Realm and we hope you find it useful! If want to learn more about what Grotto is, check out our About page.
- Firstly, you must be a member of a Masonic Lodge. Not a member? That’s okay! All you need to do is visit the website of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania. There you can learn about what it means to be a Freemason and get a petition to join. Once you become a member of a “Blue Lodge” you are eligible to become a member of Ubar Grotto.
- So, now you’re a member of a Masonic Lodge – great! All you need to do is complete our online Ubar Application or download and fill out the Grotto Petition by hand. If you do it by hand, you’ll need to e-mail the petition to email@example.com or give it to a member.
- As with any Masonic organization, there is a cost that you’ll need to pay. The Initiation Fee for Ubar Grotto is $100. Dues vary each year. Each member also pays a yearly Convivial fee to cover the cost of his meals during the upcoming year. The average cost for a new member is around $210 (although this could be less depending on how many Convivial meetings have already taken place.)
- Your petition will be submitted and voted on.
- After approval by the members, you’ll be contacted to schedule a time to come and witness the ceremonial induction of the Grotto.
- Congratulations, you are now a full member! Don’t forget to come out to our meetings on the fourth Sunday of each month (except July, August, and December) at 6 pm at the Spring Garden Conference Center in Middletown, PA!