Ubar Grotto members are known for being men of style. They can rock a sock / sandal combination better than anyone and let’s not forget the glorious pale calves that many of our members show off during the summer months. Now, you too can show off your Grotto spirit and pride with the lastest Ubar Grotto Apparel.
Please note that orders are due at the June Stated Meeting!
No, wear did I put those jean shorts… hmmmm…..
That’s right – the official Ubar Grotto Lapel Pins are in! And boy, are they stylish!
How do you get your grubby mits on one of these finely cast pieces of fraternal awesomeness? It’s simple, really. First, you have to be a member of Ubar Grotto (check your dues card… if it says 2014, you’re good.) Next, you have to show up at a Stated Meeting of the Grotto, usually held on the 4th Sunday of each Month. Once there, you’ll be directed to the proper officer to get your pin. It’s that easy!
Wear your Grotto spirit right on your lapel and show off just who Ubar really is!
Theme for the Year
Manly things! Sportsmanship! Cigars! Libations!
- Sunday, January 26, 2014 – Speaker TBD
- Sunday, February 23, 2014 – Visitation of the Grand Monarch & Convivial
- Sunday, March 23, 2014 – Ceremonial of the Order
- Sunday, April 27, 2013 – Speaker TBD
- Sunday, May 25, 2013 – Speaker TBD
- Sunday, June 22, 2013 – Ceremonial of the Order
- July – Summer Break
- August – Picnic Party at the Monarch’s Castle (Tim’s house)
- Sunday, September 28, 2013 – Speaker TBD
- Sunday, October 26, 2013 – Costume Night, Ceremonial of the Order, and Convivial
- Sunday, November 23, 2013 – Election of Officers
Planned Visitations (Dates TBA)
- Abaca Grotto – Fredericksburg, VA
- Azim Grotto – New York, NY
- Delco Grotto – Philadelphia, PA
- Zafar Grotto – Williamsport, PA
At the June stated meeting, the Prophets of Ubar Grotto voted to approve the formation of the first official Unit. What is a Unit, you ask? Well, good sir (or ma’am, as it may be), a Unit is an internal club within the Grotto. It is only open to those who are already members in good standing. Pretty simple, right?
The York Unit has become Ubar Grotto’s first recognized and chartered Unit. It is open to members who live, work, or play in York County and will support the work of the Grotto by providing extra events and opportunities for Good Fellowship in the York, PA area. The members are in the process of electing their officers and they look forward to recruiting more Prophets into the Realm.
Word on the street is that folks in Lancaster are finalizing the by-laws for their Unit as well, which should be presented at the September stated meeting. It is the long term goal of the Grotto to have several Units representing the interests of members in all the major geographic areas that Ubar covers.
Congratulations to those involved and we look forward to great things out of the White Rose City!