Ubar Grotto is very pleased to have no less than 4 (!) worthy Prophets vying for the position of Venerable Prophet of our Grotto. In an effort to help the members get to know these Prophets a little better, each of them has been asked five questions, the responses to which will be posted here.
From Jay –
Place / County of Residence: Landisville, Lancaster County
Home Lodge: Ephrata Lodge No. 665, Ephrata
What skills can you offer as Venerable Prophet of Ubar Grotto? Can’t answer this until I know what does the Venerable Prophet does! But, I’ve led a few Masonic bodies before:
- Past President: Lancaster County Shrine Club (LCSC)
- Director: LCSC
- Past President: LCSC Oriental Band
- Director: LCSC Oriental Band
- Past President: Mid-Atlantic Shrine Oriental Band Association
- Member: Reading Consistory
- Degree Worker: Reading Consistory
- Member: Rajah Shrine
- Member Rajah Shrine Club
- Member: Tall Cedars Forest No. 27, Lancaster
What is your favorite part of the Grotto experience? The younger masons. Add a vitality to the experience. Openly associating with Jack Harley.
What are your goals as you progress through the line, especially if you are elected to the office of Monarch? Continued member growth. Closer association with the Pennsylvania Grotto Association and the Colonial Grotto Association.